Long-range wireless charging a reality in new smart-lock – using infrared
Security & Reliability
Alfred’s new ML2 Smart Lock is powered by Wi-Charge wireless power, so it never needs new batteries. It’s a mortise lock designed for high-end homes and commercial buildings …
Alfred’s ML2 Smart Locks, Powered by Over-the-Air Wireless Charging, Are Giving Commercial Developers a Secret Weapon for Home Safety and Automation.
The World’s First Wirelessly Powered Smart Locks
Alfred has teamed Up with Wi-Charge to offer a wireless power solution using Wi Charge’s patented AirCord™ technology to assure the Alfred Lock is always charged. No need to ever replace or service batteries again!
THE FUTURE OF SMART LOCK SYSTEMS
Wirelessly Powered Smart Lock Applications
1) Commercial and Hospitality Properties – Peace of mind with lock and wireless power transmitter connected to the building’s Access Control System.
2) MDU, Apartment, And Condominium Property Managers – ability to remotely manage entry codes without the fear of a lockout of a guest or tenant.
3) Homeowners And Airbnb Property Managers who wish to upgrade to a Smart lock without worry of tenants or owners being locked out.
Exclusive Opportunity For
Architects, Builders, Developers & Designers
If you are interested in learning more or obtaining more information, use the form below to submit your inquiry.
“Wi-Charge’s “AirCord” technology delivers up to 100 times more power than a standard battery, which can enable a device to do more.”
“One of the most important criteria for property owners and developers when choosing a smart lock is its battery life.”
Head of Product & Integration, Alfred
How it works
- An Alfred lock that supports the Wi-Charge AirCord™ technology receives safe, Infrared energy from a ceiling or wall mounted transmitter within line of sight of the lock
- Multiple transmitter mounting configurations available including gimbal and recessed ceiling mount
- The Wi-Charge transmitter is effective from distances up to 10 meters/30 feet from the lock
- Wi-Fi connected, the Wi-Charge transmitter can report charge level and health check
- Other AirCord™ enabled products can also be powered by the same transmitter if in the line of sight and within 10 meters/30 feet